Join me as I travel around the country to fulfill my goal of running a marathon or half marathon in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cinco de Drink-o!

I'm a quarter Mexican so obviously this demands that I celebrate a fake holiday by drinking a lot of margaritas and eating 47,328 calories in enchiladas.

Don't worry, my Cinco de Mayo celebration was delayed until after a 4 mile run with my running group. Even got Amy to come out with me (if you're wondering, she did sign up for that half marathon after all...people are starting rumors at work that I'm turning our office into a running group. fine by me).



I go to bars looking like this?! And I wonder why I'm single. ha.

Tequila on a Thursday? Ah, brings back college memories.

Thursday was my first run since the marathon on Saturday. It was s-l-o-w, but pretty good overall. My muscles weren't as sore as I expected. My hips did hurt a little, but that's to be expected. Looking forward to another run this weekend...and dare I hint at...new ink??

Dang it! I was gonna surprise you guys, but I couldn't contain myself anymore...a new tattoo might be on the horizon :)

10 comments:

LisasFitLife said...

Hey, I am a new follower. Congrats on your marathon. It's an amazing accomplishment :0)

Pam said...

Ooooh, I'll be interested to hear about your ink. I've been seriously considering a post-marathon symbol myself.

I think your bar look is cute!

Education: Exploring Online Learning said...

I went out to eat sweaty all the time post run. I married my running partner... so I LOVE those pics!

Erik Ammon said...

New ink? Sweet...I'm waiting until the fall after I (hopefully) complete my first ultra. I'm getting a '50' with 'htfu' in the 0.

The Green Girl said...

Yeay for celebrating! ::giggles::

Looking forward to hearing or seeing your new tat!

Heidi said...

Sam.....
Thanks to your help(as usual) ;)
I can now leave a comment....
I like the sweaty pic, and the drink yuummm :)
Great job on the Marathon and I can't wait to see the ink...

alisonds said...

I think you look cute in your photo! I also had an alcohol fuelled 5th May but the date was pure coincidence. Hope you did feel as bad as I did on Friday morning! x

Stephanie F said...

this sounds like the best cinco de drinko ever. since you ran, all those calories got canceled out anyway!

can't wait to hear about your tattoo!

Julia said...

LOVE new tattoos. so excited to see what you get! good job on your run! glad you are feeling good! My school is convinced that I have started an underground running club...haha :)

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

That would be awesome to turn your entire group of coworkers into a running group. I can picture everyone getting up at 5:00pm, strapping on their shoes and heading out the door as one large running mob. haha