What Was I Thinkin when I signed up for this?
I believe it went like this:
1) Oh! A chance to knock out another state without having to travel too far. Cool.
2) It's a half road, half trail race...never done that before. Cool.
3) The money goes toward the organization I volunteer at (FLoC). Cool.
4) It's near Amy's parent's house. So you can convince her to run her first half marathon ever. Cool.
5) It's exactly 2 weeks after your first marathon and you have no idea how long it will take you to recover. Not Cool.
The cools outweighed the not cools, so I went with it. It was a very complicated process. I used trigonometry and my graphing calculator that I haven't seen since 11th grade to figure it out.
Tomorrow morning Amy (my co-worker turned friend turned running buddy) and I, will run the Two Rivers Heritage Half Marathon in Harper's Ferry, WV.
The weather outlook is less than desirable. Hot and Possibly Raining. I got this from Amy yesterday:
Obviously, she's pretty entertaining so you'll want to stay tuned for her guest post on our race recap. Good luck to everyone who is racing this weekend! We might be racing. Or Amy might be racing and I might be taking a lovely stroll through the mountains of West Virginia for 3 hours. Let's hope that wild animals (or wild mountain people) don't eat me alive. Okay Sam, that was kind of rude coming from a girl who wears cowboy boots to a law firm on Fridays.
1. Have you ever done a trail race? Any tips?
2. Why does it always rain on weekends when I want to be outside instead of during the week when I'm stuck in an office building all day? (This is not a rhetorical question - I'd really like a scientific answer to this please).