Join me as I travel around the country to fulfill my goal of running a marathon or half marathon in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Outfits, Carbo-loading, and Expos, Oh My!

Tomorrow I'm running the National 1/2 Marathon! Woo Hoo! I should be asleep right now b/c start time is 7 am, but of course I have to write a quick blog.

My outfit is set. Unless the weather outlook changes at all I think this is what I'm goin with:

Temp is supposed to be 34 degrees at the start, so I'm sticking with my cold weather gear.

The expo ran smoothly. I like that they had a wall to sign for our troops:
I even got a free pasta dinner from Safeway (grocery store). Talk about a perfect pre-race dinner.

By "family size" they mean "runner size"

For this race you can put your nickname on your bib and I completely forgot that I entered mine when I registered. Ha. I really hope some random person yells "Go, Sammie Jo!"
Okay I'm off to bed. I just have to tell you this story real quick: When I came home today I noticed my rug that is usually by my sink was moved and was peeking out the front door of my apartment. I called my landlord and asked her if she had been in there today and she said no and that she has no idea how someone would have got in there. Usually I'm not easily scared, but I'm not gonna lie I'm a little freaked out right now. Rugs don't just move 3 feet on their own. I mean nothing was taken or anything, but why would someone be in here and move a rug?? Some serious Law & Order SVU episodes are flashing through my head. I'm gonna try to kick those out and dream about an awesome race time. Goodnight all!

p.s. If you are racing tomorrow (lots are) good luck to you! Gimme a shout-out if you see me on the course :)

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

Aw, good luck, girl!

Tara @ Dashing in Pearls said...

That's scary about your rug!!

I hope your race was great!! 34 degrees is so cold!! It's in the 80's where I live right now.