Join me as I travel around the country to fulfill my goal of running a marathon or half marathon in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wordless Wednesday

I have a date tonight (a rare event in my life). I hope he doesn't think I'm an alien when I don't order a dessert (we are going to the cheesecake factory...pure torture).

I've learned a lot from giving up sweets til my marathon. Mostly that my body works a lot better when it's not full of junk. I definitely miss dessert though. After April 30th I'm going to eat all of this, in moderation of course ;)



Have you ever given up something for lent or a race that was SUPER difficult?

5 comments:

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I'll leave out the carrot cake and take an extra cupcake.

I went vegetarian once and at the same time gave up desserts - just wanted to try it. Since then I've pretty much lost my physical sweet tooth (I still crave sweets mentally, but one taste and I'm good).

Best of luck on holding out!

Stephanie F said...

"in moderation." shoot, girl... you know i'd eat that entire page.

The Green Girl said...

Wow. Isn't this self-torture?

Samantha said...

1. He looked at me like I had 3 heads.
2. The waiter put a picture of the Reeses cheesecake right in my face.
3. I caved (at least we split it!!)

It was a one time slip up in the 2 month period. Won't happen again. Promise ;)

Tara @ Dashing in Pearls said...

Dang girl. Those look amazing!

I hope your date went well!