Baltimore was my third half marathon. It was the second with my Uncle Steve and Cousin Christina.
1) Running with fam.
2) Race was only a 1.5 hour drive from my house.
3) Pretty good course. Not too many massive hills. Decent crowd support.
4) Great weather.
5) Really nice shirt.
6) Awesome old school diner food for our celebratory meal.
1) I remembered my Nathan belt, but forgot to pack my waterbottles. This was so unlike me...I usually have a list and am really anal about triple-checking my bag. There was plenty of water along the course, but it just threw me off. I ended up wearing the belt anyways without the bottles so I felt comfortable and could have my phone for the finish line to find my fam. Maybe I'll start a new trend??
2) The expo was a little weird. You had to walk all the way down this long hallway full of vendors to get your bib number. Then you had to walk all the way back down the hallway to the other side to get your bag and shirt. Obviously an attempt to try and get you to buy stuff from the vendors, but it was honestly just kind of annoying.
3) The finish line was downright hazardous. There was so much of a back-up that you had to stop immediately. My legs locked up and I could hardly breathe there were so many people around me. I almost peed myself (extremely close to a disaster there).
4) Prob the biggest let-down: free beer that I couldn't get to, even though I wore my Bondi Band that said "will run for beer." The lines were like an hour long. Boo :(
|Gotta love hideous race pictures.|
|I had to post this pic so you know for sure that I didn't actually die after that other picture was taken.|