Join me as I travel around the country to fulfill my goal of running a marathon or half marathon in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes...

Throwback song from Ace of Base (good god, the early 90's were so good to us)


Yesterday I posted about my hip pain and how I refused to accept the fact that I might be injured. *Fast forward two hours later and I'm stalking all your blogs*

Before yesterday I had never heard of "hip bursitis." The first blog I read yesterday was Kurt's. Ironically it was about running injuries, specifically runner's knee and tight IT bands. One of his followers commented about the fact that tight IT bands also cause "hip bursitis." Hmmm, I thought to myself. Interesting. I'll have to look up what that is. On to the next blog. Ali just happened to be blogging about an old injury of hers. What injury, you ask? Yes, hip bursitis.

I think a massive sign fell out of the sky and hit me in the head. If this is only coincidence it is ridiculously creepy and I might need to stop blogging now before I spontaneously combust. Am I absolutely sure that I have hip bursitis? No. But you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be bringing it up at my phyical therapy appointment.

Lots of injuries are going around the blog world right now, but we have to remind ourselves we are runners for life, not just this race. So I'm going to accept whatever the doc tells me and keep my head up. Janae announced today that she can't run Boston this year. I almost had a nervous break-down at work. Go give her some blogger love please.

12 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for sharing. Hoping all is well with your hip and sending smiles your way. :)

Jennifer said...

It was kind of uncanny how many people were posting about injuries yesterday! Shut Up and Run is coming back from one too, although she's going to be running Boston. How's the hip feeling today? I'm glad you got a PT appt. Smart cookie, you are :)

Dr. said...

I was totally thinking the same thing after I posted on my injury and then saw a million posts pop up on my dashboard about injuries!
Stay positive until you can get a diagnosis-I came through on the other side and everything is now right in the world again for me.
I am sending you a million happy thoughts!! Keep us all posted on how you are feeling and also feel free to email me (email is under my about me) if you want to "talk" about hip issues!!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I feel like I have been reading so much about running injuries lately. Hopefully you will learn more at your PT appointment, glad you're going and can sort it out either way!

Erin said...

I know so weird the injuries going around the blogging world. I hope all is going to be ok with your hip, hopefully it is a mild case.

I heard this song yesterday when I was out running errands and it reminded me of high school.

Why said...

I saw a sign.. and it opened up my eyes.. haha.. I haven't heard that one in awhile. Hope you are feeling healthy soon.
Gotta Run,
Mike
www.WhyMarathon.com

Alyssa said...

Can't even tell you how much I love that you included ace of base in this post. Way to get info before your appointment, good luck!

Danielle said...

There are a ton of injuries! it's crazy!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

If this turns out to be an ITB related thing, I'm going to CRACK UP! That or Ali and I are just bad luck! (Feel free to interpret the fates as you like).

Definitely let us know what you find out!

Michael said...

I'm new to your blog. Hope you are fee;omg better soon. Definitely lots of injuries in this blogging community.

~K~ said...

i love me some ace of base! My kids actually got into my cds earlier today and were playing some Ace...one of their later cds however. (oh yes, there were more...and i have them all!!)

Jen said...

I hope you've found what your problem is and that it will get fixed fast! Do you have a foam roller? I had a hip thing going on last year and that really seemed to help. Mine was a TFL thing though. Good luck!