Join me as I travel around the country to fulfill my goal of running a marathon or half marathon in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wordless Wednesday...with a few words

I know I said I wouldn't complain about the weather in Nashville as long as it didn't rain on race day, but I'm seriously kicking myself for saying that now:

Please keep in mind that I have been training for the marathon in 35 degree weather this winter. A LOW of 64?!? I think I might die.

Also, I really need a salad spinner.
If you use this method make sure you put the setting on low and warm
Lastly, I'll let you guys in on a secret: if you get your nails painted OPI shade Voltage Neon it will make you run super fast:

The picture does not do them justice. It's like a highlighter attacked my nails.
 I'M FLYING TO NASHVILLE TOMORROW! WOOO!!!!! :)

16 comments:

Julia said...

yeahhhhh!! so excited for you! ummm i need to get some of that nail polish :)

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Best photo ever of drying salad with a hair dryer! Too funny! That is HOT for a race but you'll be great!
:)

Dr. said...

1. Your nails look super cute-you for sure will run fast
2. Thanks for the hair dryer idea! We don't own a salad spinner
3. Have a safe flight and RUN FAST!! Trust your training and you are gonna rock it!

Britt @ Chicago Runner Girl said...

Good luck and I'm sure you'll do wonderful. Sounds crazy but try not to think of the heat.

I think those pink nails will add a little extra speed to your legs!

Stephanie F said...

GET ITTTTTTTT GIRL

see you TOMORROW!!!!!

Michael said...

I'm cracking up at the photo of the lettuce and blow dryer. Classic. Love the bright nails - so fun for spring!

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

Wait...I don't even think I know what a salad spinner is?! Does it dry lettuce???

Good luck on the race!!! Can't wait to hear the deets.

gloryrunning said...

LOVE the nails. You are totally going to ROCK IT =)

Education: Exploring Online Learning said...

that race was my first marathon, too! dress lightly, drink plenty of water, take in salt, start slow and have fun!!!

These Are The Days said...

Good luck, you'll do great and I can't wait to hear all about it. Enjoy the experience. :) When you're done and you're all tired and sore, you can come home and check out my new little fitness blog k?

runningtobeskinny.com

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I don't even like training in that type of heat. Hydration, hydration, hydration!! Best of luck!

And may I say "You've got a lot of mail!" haha

AdventurerMom said...

It's not that hot, you'll be fine! Hydration is key, especially in humidity, trust me, I'm from Houston.
I'm being a weather channel stalker too.
Three days!

Jen said...

I have a feeling that it's gonna do that around here! Go from cold cold to hot hot and have no time to adjust!
Love that nail polish!

Tara @ Dashing in Pearls said...

I WANT THAT NAIL POLISH!

Good luck and HAVE FUN!!

Alyssa said...

Haha my salad spinner broke awhile ago and I totally need to follow your method! Weather is important so complain away!!! You'll be ok though, and there's still time for it to change.

The Green Girl said...

I love my salad spinner - you should go get one!