Join me as I travel around the country to fulfill my goal of running a marathon or half marathon in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Random Recovery Day.

I don't have anything running related today b/c it was a recovery day, but I do have some walking related things:

I helped an old lady cross the street. Who knew that actually happens in real life?? I felt like I was in a movie when the lady on the corner was like "Are you crossing? Can I walk with you?" and she held my arm. She was a precious little lady.
I walked to work and back and stopped to smell the roses (well more like take this pretty picture):
After work the weather was so nice (felt like summer) that it demanded I be outside. I walked to the park at Logan Circle and read a novel for a half hour before heading home to heat up some left-over chili and cornbread...yumm.

I was thinking today (as I signed up for more races) about some of the best spectator signs I've seen lately. If you've ever held a sign at a race: THANK YOU! They are seriously motivating :)

Recently I've seen:
"Guys love girls with stamina. Can I get your number?"
"Your feet hurt because you're kicking so much ass"
"Run, (insert name here), run!"
"BRUNCH: You're almost there"

What are some of the best signs you've seen?

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Your day sounds like something out of a movie!! Gorgeous picture.
Those signs are great. Can I get your number? hahaha. love it.

Heather said...

Nice picture! Great good deed.
My favorite sign was at the first half marathon I did. It was way towards the end and read, "This is the worst parade EVER!"

It cracked me up, but I could have been delirious at that point.

Tara @ Dashing in Pearls said...

Those signs are hilarious. Hopefully I'll see some good ones at my half on Sunday! I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

love love love this post - helping old people is so fun/humbling, i miss dc (spent a semester interning there in college!), and YES COMPLETELY AGREE about people holding signs @ races - even if they're not for me, i sometimes pretend they are! keep me in the loop about the dc races you're running! love your blog and thanks for the congrats, xoxox

RunToTheFinish said...

what a nice day!

I agree, people who take the time to cheer and make signs are heros

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I love crazy signs that get you out of your own head. I don't even remember what they said exactly, but last years half had a couple signs with the theme of "what are you all running from?" and both had me cracking up!

Reading about you going to a park to read makes me miss having the Boston Commons right down the road!